Monday, December 1, 2008

What I am Thankful For!

I underestimated how hard it would be to find time for blogging. I love to put my thoughts to paper, but it just seems time to myself is few and far between these days. Oh well, I wouldn't wish it were any other way!



Thanksgiving this year seems to have really snuck up on me. It's amazing how much has really changed for my family this year.



I love the holidays...especially with my kids. I wonder if others out there struggle with what I face during this time, though. I look forward to every family get together, but since the loss of my grandparents it seems I rarely get through a holiday where I don't miss them terribly. I guess the family time and the food just brings there memory so close to home.



I've felt really blessed to have had each of them in my life for the time they were here. And I have been even more blessed to become an adopted granddaughter to Brandon's grandparents. It warms my heart so much to see my children building a relationship with their great-grandparents as well as their grandparents.



I think more than anything at this point in my life, I wish that my grandparents could see my life now and my children. I know they would enjoy them so much.



I do find comfort in one thought, though. I'm one of those that believes when family that has gone on before us comes to mind...that is God's way of allowing us to feel there presence once again. Even if it is in a shed tear.



So...what I'm thankful for? Family...time spent with family...relationships built with new family...and the time that God allows for us all to get to know each others hearts.



3 comments:

Living4Him said...

Megan! I just found your blog! I am so excited to add it to my blog, if that is OK! I have always felt like the two of us had so much in common! You know Justin and I are excited to read about your life with THREE!

God Bless!
Alison

The Cottingham Family said...

Hey Megan,
It is so good to see your BLOG!!! Hope you guys have a Merry CHRISTmas!!!!!
Love ya,
Meg

0 said...

Hey Megan! Glad to see you've joined the wonderful world of blogging!! Merry Christmas to you and your family! :o)