Thursday, November 13, 2008

So...I thought...why not. I can try to find enough time in my day to do a little blogging.

So here goes...

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed these days, simply due to the fact that I have 3 kids now. Wonderful kids...mind you...but 3. And to think... I really wouldn't mind a 4th. I just love watching them grow. Gabe our first child was born on March 19th, 2002 and so began my days of being a mother. Brandon and I had been married about 2 years when we found out we were expecting. Life changing to say the least. We didn't want out kids to be to far apart in age so 3 short years later we were expecting #2. Our little girl...Karigan arrived on January 21st, 2005 and it was wonderful to see Gabe with a little sister. Well...it just didn't feel complete yet...so after another 3 years...guess what....#3. We welcomed Ethan into the family just this July on the 15th. We're feeling really content with our little family right now and are loving how much Gabe and Karigan enjoy Ethan. Gabe did ask why he couldn't have two sisters since Karigan gets to have two brothers. Our answer...talk to God.

When Gabe was old enough to attend Kindergarten we made another big decision...we decided to homeschool. Not for any reason other than God had put it on our hearts shortly after he was born that we were supposed to. It's really that simple...we wanted to feel like we were in His will so we had to give it a try. It's been wonderful to say the least. Gabe is now in 1st grade and honestly loves school. Math is probably his favorite subject but he is also doing his very best to teach his little sister how to read. And guess what...mommy feels a bit like she is going back to school as well. It's amazing what you can re-learn just by teaching it. We're taking it year by year, but as for now it is a blessing.

Brandon went to work with Tuscaloosa Fire Department about 3 years ago and actually enjoys going to work now. He thought of doing it right out of high school but talked himself out of it for several reasons. It wasn't long before God put it back on his mind and heart and we decided to give it a try. What a blessing it has been. I'm so proud of him and the things it has offered our family. I'm able now to spend even more time at home with the kids and we look forward to every day that daddy comes home from work.

So I guess that brings our life up to speed. So much has happened in between all of this, but my fingers will get tired of typing. Maybe I can do a decent job of keeping friends and family informed of our happenings and just maybe they will enjoy reading about it.

I'll end with our most recent bible verse that Gabe and Karigan are memorizing...Psalms 34:8-13. It begins..."Taste and see that the Lord is good, blessed is the man who takes refuge in him. Fear the Lord...you His saints for those who fear him lack nothing."

3 comments:

Miranda said...

I saw your blog as a link from someone nice to have you in blog world. It is sometimes a wonderful release to write things out. Your children are so sweet. Take care and I hope you all have a wonderful Christmas!

James, Heather, Evan, Emie and Pete said...

What beautiful children! I am glad you have joined the "world of blogging!" It is a great way to keep up!! Take care!

The George's said...

Ethan is getting so big!! I can't believe how much he is growing!!! And I haven't seen Gabe and Karigan since the hospital, for that matter, I haven't seen any of them since then and I was out of it when I did see them!! Hope all is well and you guys have a wonderful holiday season!